Are you ready to walk?
It’s finally here, friends — it’s Steps for Life weekend! Let’s show our support for families affected by a workplace tragedy, all while walking forward together in prevention. Here are some last-minute tips to help make your Steps for Life walk the best yet.
1. Get your paperwork organized. Ensuring you’re organized on the “business end” makes for a smooth check in experience and gets your walk off on the right foot! Ensure any cash or cheque pledges are clearly marked on your pledge sheet. If you registered online, your waiver’s already signed, but anyone who was registered by someone else will need to review and sign one on site.
2. Stop to read each Memory Lane sign. Each worker profiled in Memory Lane is one of the reasons why we walk in Steps for Life. Workers and families that have been forever changed by a work-related injury, illness, or fatality from your community and across Canada have shared their story in the hope that their experience won’t be repeated.
A great photo is worth a 1000 words!
What better way to share our #1000reasonstowalk than to share why you’re walking in Steps for Life!
3. Make a new friend. Each Steps for Life walk brings together a safety-focused community of families who’ve experienced a workplace tragedy, along with business leaders, union representatives, health and safety professionals, and prevention advocates. Make a point to meet someone new – maybe they’ll share what brings them to Steps for Life.
4. Dress for the weather. Steps for Life walks will go ahead – rain, snow or shine – so be ready for it! Dress in layers, wear comfortable shoes, and remember sun protection. (And if weather or site conditions cause a safety concern, check your community’s page for the most recent update.)
5. Share why we’re walking together… We look forward to walking with you and seeing your photos and videos as we step forward to walk for families affected by workplace tragedy this weekend. We’re sharing our #1000reasonstowalk and we’d love to include your reason, so be sure to tag us with a photo of you and your family or team walking for families of workplace tragedy!
Thank you so much for your support! Have a great walk!
- Steps for Life’s Greatest Success - May 25, 2023
- 4 Ways to Make Your Walk Day Shine - April 24, 2023
- Walking together, so nobody walks alone - February 9, 2023