March is the perfect time to get involved with Steps for Life-Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy. The reasons to register are as numerous and diverse as the people who participate (that is, thousands!) but here are a few of our top reasons:
8. You could win something! There are prizes this year when you donate to yourself or fundraise with others. It’s really win-win.
7. Freshen up your spring wardrobe. Our famous yellow Steps for Life t-shirts will be shipped out to teams of four or more who registered online by April 1.
6. It’s easy. We’ve made it super-easy to register, create a team, donate, fundraise and spread the word. Your first STEP (see what we did there?) is to head over to stepsforlife.ca and choose your location.
5. You make the call on when and how. Because most walks are virtual and even the in-person walks have a virtual option, you can fit Steps for Life into your life whatever way works for you. Wherever we walk, #WeWalkTogether. Many communities do have a date for people to join together, even if they’re not in person, which leads us to our next point:
4. Your friends are doing it. Steps for Life walkers are health and safety professionals, local businesses, Threads of Life families, and everyone else who believes in Threads of Life’s vision and mission. Trust us, you’ll be in good company.
3. You can support your home town. Even though most Steps for Life events are virtual, your registration and fundraising counts toward your community’s totals. Make sure you choose the location when you register. If your community is not on the list, you can opt for Your Walk Your Way, or why not choose a city where you have friends or family, or have always wanted to travel? They’ll appreciate your support!
2. Be a voice for safety. We believe everyone should come home from work healthy and safe, and we want everyone, everywhere to hear that message. When you register, donate and walk, you add your voice to those across Canada calling out for safer workplaces.
1. Helping families. It all comes down to this: Steps for Life honours lives forever changed by work-related deaths, life-altering injury and occupational disease. And Steps for Life is the top fundraiser for Threads of Life, allowing us to provide peer support and stronger coping skills to families in the very worst time of their lives. We think that’s the best reason of all.
- Seven life-changing moments along the road to healing - November 21, 2022
- Six reasons you should become a Steps for Life sponsor - September 29, 2022
- Writing your story for healing and sharing - August 29, 2022