Steps for Life National Sponsor Flynn Group of Companies is ready to take a step forward!
Alright, Steps for Life-ers, it’s time to turn it up a notch! If you really want to make an impact, then you’ll want to join our Team Challenge.
The Steps for Life Team Challenge is a friendly (but hard-fought) battle for fundraising supremacy. Any group of three or more people can be a Steps for Life team and join the Team Challenge – you could start a team at work, pull together your neighbours, or call on your family.
Here are the top 5 reasons your workplace should register a team for the Team Challenge:
Supporting families: when your workplace participates in the Team Challenge, you’ll be supporting families living with the aftermath of workplace tragedy. You’ll be providing families living with the outcome of fatalities, life-altering injuries, and occupational diseases with hope and healing through Threads of Life programs.
- Team building: nothing brings people together like supporting a good cause, banding together to reach a common goal, and getting out of the office!
- Healthy competition: does your workplace have branches across Canada? There’s nothing wrong with getting a little competition going to see which branch can raise the most!
- Fresh, spring air: Spring will come one of these days! What better way to get out and enjoy nature than walking through your community in good company for a good cause?
- Raising awareness: each year, thousands of walkers across Canada in yellow t-shirts show communities how important workplace health and safety is and show families of workplace they aren’t alone. Will you join them this year?
Team Challenge members register as walkers and commit to raise at least $100 each for Steps for Life. Once you’re registered, you can compete with other teams in your region and across the country. Threads of Life will recognize the top teams which have raised the most money to support families affected by workplace tragedy.
If you’re ready to get involved, just visit the Steps for Life web site, find your community and hit the “Register” button. The web site will walk you through the registration process. No walk close to you? You can still organize a team and do your own thing with our “Your Walk, Your Way” event.
Latest posts by Susan Haldane (see all)
- Behind the scenes: Threads of Life speaker training - February 27, 2020
- Three perfect reasons ‘why’ to register today - February 6, 2020
- Scholarships awarded to four individuals affected by work-related tragedy - September 12, 2019