Steps for Life is the major fundraiser for Threads of Life – all the money raised through the walk is used to provide services to families coping with the effects of workplace fatalities, life-altering injuries or occupational disease. Want to chip in? Here’s how:
- Walk – It’s inspiring to see that sea of yellow t-shirts across Canada every year! Find your local walk, come out on walk day and join the national Steps for Life movement.
- FUNdraise – If you’re planning to walk –and even if you’re not – you can make your involvement more meaningful by raising money to support Threads of Life families. We have great online tools, and tips for fundraising in your workplace and community.
- Sponsor – Community and national sponsors make a huge contribution to Steps for Life’s success. Suggest to your employers that they become a Steps for Life sponsor –it’s a great way to show a commitment to health and safety.
- Volunteer – Steps for Life is volunteer-powered! You can help your local committee plan the walk from scratch, or come out on walk day to hand out t-shirts, direct traffic or take photos. There’s a role for everyone!
- Spread the word – Let others know about Steps for Life. Share our Facebook or Twitter posts; put up a poster or have a conversation. Let’s get the whole country on board!
For more information on how you can get involved in Steps for Life, visit www.stepsforlife.ca or call Threads of Life at 888-567-9490.
Latest posts by Susan Haldane (see all)
- Up to the Challenge: Steps for Life Team Challenge 2020 Winners - June 30, 2020
- Scholarships awarded to four individuals affected by work-related tragedy - June 25, 2020
- International Nurses’ Day: Putting the “Personal” in PPE - May 12, 2020