Cette page n’est actuellement accessible qu’en anglais. Vous ne trouvez pas les renseignements recherchés? Vous avez questions sur les ressources offertes en français? Veuillez les transmettre à Fil de Vie à firstname.lastname@example.org et nous vous répondrons dans les plus brefs délais, habituellement en moins de deux jours ouvrables.
Support families of workplace tragedy
You can help bring hope and healing to families dealing with the grief of a workplace fatality, serious injury or occupational disease – any way you like!
A fun way to do this is to plan an event and donate your proceeds to Threads of Life!
Whether you’re one person, or part of a big company, you can help by raising money for Threads of Life’s programs and services.
There are many ideas to choose from. For example:
- Host an event like a golf tournament, barbecue or safety awards night;
- Organize a raffle, an auction or 50/50 draw;
- Have a dinner or gathering and instead of gifts ask guests to make a donation to Threads of Life;
- Walk with us! Register for a Steps for Life walk in your community, or walk your way;
- Demonstrate your leadership by naming Threads of Life as your “charity of choice”;
- Hold a dress-down day, or other employee incentive to drop a dollar into a collection jar (we even have a “Making Cents of Safety” label for your jar; or
- use your imagination to come up with your own fundraiser.
Whether you’re organizing a charity golf tournament or collecting loonies for casual day, the money you raise will help to continue Threads of Life programs for the families we serve. When done, simply collect the funds raised together and send us a cheque – it’s as easy as that! Plus, don’t forget to share the photos of your event with us!
When planning your event…
Set your sights high. If you’re considering a major fundraiser, you may want to apply for “Third Party Event” designation. We’d love to help you by:
- Offering our event planning advice and expertise
- Helping to promote your event
- Providing materials
Please see our Third Party Event Guidelines for further details.