Make your difference – Register today for Steps for Life
Everyone wants to make a difference in the world. We want our presence here, and our efforts to somehow make things better.
Well, Steps for Life is a place where that aspiration comes true. You can, and you do, make a difference in the lives of people who are suffering and grieving after a workplace tragedy. Each person who participates – each walker, each donor, each fundraiser – plays a role in bringing healing to those affected, and in building a culture where such tragedies won’t happen in the future.
Are you ready to make it real? It’s time! Here’s how:
- Register as a walker in Steps for Life. The web site opens February 1 so you can sign up right away – just find the walk community closest to you, and hit the “register” button.
- Personalize your fundraising page. It all means more if people know why you’re involved in Steps for Life. Do you walk in memory of someone in your life? Or in recognition that your children will be joining the workforce one day? In a few words, share your thoughts.
- Raise money in support of your walk. Walking in Steps for Life makes a statement about your commitment. Raising funds goes even further to support Threads of Life programs and services.
If you don’t live near one of the 30 Steps for Life communities across Canada, there’s a new way you can participate and make a difference too! It’s called Your Walk, Your Way. Most Steps for Life walks take place in May, but you can organize your own mini-walk, or other fundraising event, any time in the month. Register the same way you would for a community Steps for Life walk, and use your personal fundraising page too! Get your friends and family together to join you, or just do your own thing.
However you choose to participate, you will be making a change in someone’s life. Thank you.
Her background is in journalism, public relations and health and safety.
Latest posts by Susan Haldane (see all)
- Scholarships awarded to four individuals affected by work-related tragedy - September 12, 2019
- Behind the scenes: Earning the Imagine Canada Trustmark - August 15, 2019
- Volunteer Profile: Jennifer Ruszkowski - August 1, 2019