Becoming a sponsor of a community event, like Steps for Life, is easy and it BENEFITS EVERYONE!
Every year companies around the country review and consider their own outreach programs and plans – asking ‘can we make a difference in our community and how can we do that?’ Sponsorship is one of the most popular avenues chosen.
‘What does it mean to sponsor?’ you ask – simply it’s a commitment (often a financial one alongside participation) and a public statement of support for the cause. We often say when committing to sponsor a Steps for Life event, that company is making a commitment to “walk the talk”, not only to our organization, but also in caring for its employees’ well-being and safety – and you want them to know it!
But when times are tough, why would a business decide to devote some of its hard-earned revenues to sponsorship? In an article on the About Money blog, writer Joanne Fritz offers a baker’s dozen of reasons why companies sponsor events. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Changing/strengthening brand image – an event like Steps for Life – Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy places your company name and logo in front of current and future customers, suppliers, and employees
- Highlighting community responsibility – sponsoring a charity event demonstrates that your company is a good corporate citizen, dedicated to giving back to the community
- Recruiting, retaining or motivating employees – most workers want to know their employer is a caring company. Companies can support their employees’ participation as volunteers or walkers
- Building new and deeper community networks – sponsoring an event is a chance to meet and get involved with individuals and organizations who are active and recognized in your community
It’s easy to become a sponsor for Steps for Life:
- Visit www.stepsforlife.ca– to learn more about the event, the host communities, and the programs these events are raising money for. Know that your company’s commitment to Steps for Life supports Threads of Life families by helping to defray the costs of hosting events and increasing the hard dollars that go directly to funding peer support programs to help hurting families.
- Determine the community and/or communities across the country you would like to support, and review the sponsorship package – finding the level of support that matches your company’s outreach plan and budget. At any dollar level, your company’s support is a commitment to workplace health and safety. We’re so grateful for the support of companies who come back year after year – showing their ongoing, unwavering commitment to a future where workplace tragedies affect fewer and fewer families.
- And lastly, sign up officially by completing and returning (with payment and/or in-kind) the Sponsorship Commitment Form.
Together, we’re making a difference. We’re starting dinner table conversations and inspiring tailboard talks about the critical importance of protecting ourselves and our coworkers. We’re raising the profile of workplace health and safety in your community – and communities across the country. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.
If you’d like to put your company’s name forward with a sponsorship commitment to Steps for Life or have any questions, just call us at 1-888-567-9490.
We’ll see you in May!
Want to receive each new blog post direct to your inbox? Subscribe here! (Note: you’ll have to click the confirm link in the subsequent email).
Latest posts by Heather Lyle (see all)
- Making a difference through Steps for Life - September 13, 2016
- Diana Devine: Honouring her dad through volunteer work - October 6, 2015
- What can sponsorship do for your business? - September 22, 2015