This post is also available in: French
Please help us reach families affected
by workplace tragedy
A family faced with a sudden workplace fatality will
be grieving for the shocking loss of their loved one.
These families also face the additional challenges of police and labour ministry investigations, coroners’ inquests, and the legal process of court proceedings, which can take up to two years.
Many families dealing with a traumatic workplace fatality have shared with us their need to connect to a support association. “People tell us it will get better; it will go away and I’m telling you they don’t know. We think
about Jim every day,” says a father who lost his
27 year-old son as a result of a workplace tragedy
As a funeral director, you can help us support these grieving families.
Threads of Life helps families by providing:
- A Family Support Program which offers one-on-one peer support to Canadian families of workplace tragedy by trained Volunteer Family Guides who have also experienced their own workplace tragedy. They know what challenges families will be facing and can lend a caring
and listening ear.
- Links to community support services.
- Advisory support regarding the workplace investigation and inquest process.
- Opportunities to connect with a welcoming network of other families who are living in the aftermath of a workplace tragedy to help them along their journey of healing.
- Opportunities to become involved with raising awareness of the importance of injury prevention.
Would you please let families of workplace tragedy that come your way know that help is available?
If you have any questions, or would like to receive print copies of our brochure or donor cards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-567-9490.
Thank you for your support