This post is also available in: French
It is only possible for a small charity the size of Threads of Life to provide nation-wide service and support through the commitment and support of our partners. Threads of Life does not have sustainable funding which means we rely on our partners to help secure project funding through strategic alliances, grants, networking and other opportunities.
Working closely with key partners has resulted in
- More families finding Threads of Life sooner. Referrals from key partners such as workplace inspectors and workers compensation boards mean that families find Threads of Life when they need us.
- Project funding allows us to carry out our mission: supporting families and promoting workplace safety.
- Better information for families. Our partners share information about their administrative process, making it easier for families to understand the complicated processes following a workplace tragedy.
- Greater health and safety promotion. Working together, we are able to reach more people with our message about promoting workplace safety to spare future families from experiencing the pain and suffering our family members have endured. Together we are creating a culture shift where injuries and fatalities are no longer considered “just the cost of doing business.”
How Partners can help
- Donate booth space at conferences and trade shows.
In Ontario Threads of Life attended seven Partners in Prevention trade shows thanks to Workplace Safety Prevention Services which provided complimentary booth space.
Complimentary booth space was also offered by The Symposium on Safety Conference in Moncton, NB (thanks to Rogers Communications Inc.); the Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association Conference; Manitoba Heavy Construction Association conference; the Alberta Health and Safety Conference (thanks to the Alberta Construction Safety Association) and others.
- Various labour organizations including Unifor and the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers have donated to Threads of Life, promoted our Steps for Life walks and worked with us on Day of Mourning events.
- You can help by being a Steps for Life Walk sponsor or sponsor a local walk in your community, as a Threads of Life Partner, and Funeral Home Directors for families of workplace tragedy along their journey of healing.
Let’s discuss how we can work together to raise awareness about health and safety – and help families after a workplace tragedy.
If you’d like to discuss partnership opportunities, please contact Scott McKay, Director – Fundraising & Partnerships, at 1 (888) 567-9490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.