Are you a family member that has
- been affected by a workplace fatality;
- a loved one affected by a life-altering injury; or
- a loved one affected by an occupational disease?
We welcome all family members. Our family member association is a safe place to land for those dealing with the aftermath of a workplace tragedy. Through donations, Threads of Life provides supportive programs and services to help families of workplace tragedy along their journey of healing.
You’re not alone
View and print our Family Care brochure [PDF]
The Family Support Program offers:
- a personal connection to a trained Volunteer Family Guide to facilitate a sharing of experiences;
- an opportunity for families to meet each other and create communities of support at the family forums
- links to professional support services
- a support network to those who have experienced similar pain and suffering;
- advisory support regarding the workplace investigation and inquest process;
- opportunities to promote workplace injury prevention and awareness within their own community by joining the Speakers Bureau or participating in a local Steps for Life Walk event the first Sunday in May.
Steps for Life Walk
Families, friends, co-workers, employers, health and safety professionals, ministry of labour inspectors and others come together on a memorial walk for awareness and fundraising.
A family forum to meet other families and learn healthy coping skills, active listening, and how to help each other in their in a community of support.
Volunteer Family Guides
A program offering the first one-to-one peer support in the world to families by those who have experienced their own workplace tragedy.
Volunteers share personal stories at workplace health and safety events, conferences, schools and post-secondary institutions to help prevent further injuries in the workplace.
- Threads quarterly newsletter
- Forget Me Not – Canadian Stories of Workplace Tragedies from the Families’ Perspective: first-hand honest and compelling testimony about family life in the aftermath of a workplace tragedy
- Recommended reads from our families
- Poems – poems written by family members
Threads of Life is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including Members, donors, volunteers and business partners, including people with disabilities. Threads of Life will provide its Family Support programs and services to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity. Read >> Threads of Life’s Accessible Customer Service Plan >>